Management Ethics and Modern Slavery Policy.
One of Accu’s core values is integrity and transparency, we take pride in running an ethical business as such we take a zero tolerance approach on the issues of bribery, corruption, illegal payments and we do not tolerate any form of modern slavery within our business or supply chain. We expect our supply chain to similar values as well.
Modern Slavery Policy
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 requires that businesses with a turnover of £36m or above produce a modern slavery and human trafficking statement that describes the steps the business is taking to make sure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within the business or supply chain. While Accu has not yet reached the threshold required by The Modern Slavery Act, we have produced this policy as part of our ongoing commitment to detect and prevent human rights violations within our industry.
Our Manufacturing Partners
Accu requires that all companies we work with follow our Supplier Code of Conduct and adopt similar policies and procedures in their own business and supply chain.
Accu expects our supply chain to comply with the following:
● Employees are lawfully and voluntarily employed, without any involvement in transporting, harbouring, recruiting or receiving persons by way of threat, force, coercion, abduction, fraud or any other unlawful means. Furthermore, the company prohibits the use of forced or involuntary labour, including prison labour, bonded labour, indentured labour, or any other type of labour associated with human trafficking or abuse.
● Working hours do not exceed the limits set by local law.
● Wages and salaries paid to employees are compliant with all applicable laws, including the enforcement of a minimum wage, overtime pay, and legally mandated benefits. Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure are not permitted.
● Companies will not use child labour. That is anyone who is younger than 16 or younger than the minimum age required for employment under applicable law.
● There is no threat or enactment of harsh or inhumane treatment of employees under any circumstances, including, but not limited to, discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion, or verbal abuse.
● Companies are committed to providing equal opportunities to all colleagues. Accu does not tolerate any form of discrimination on grounds such as age, gender, ethnic background, race, nationality, faith or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability.
● Companies will not charge employees or potential employees recruitment fees.
● All business dealings are transparently performed, with no attempt to perform or conceal acts which knowingly violate local and national law.
● Business books and financial records are kept and preserved accurately, with no violation of associated laws.
● Bribery or similar means of obtaining an unfair competitive advantage are never promised, offered or accepted, in compliance with all relevant anti-corruption laws.
● Intellectual property is respected and protected, and is never knowingly used, shared, or distributed without the owner’s express consent.
● Privacy is respected and protected within reason for all personnel, suppliers and customers.