Win A Dream Job Experience With Accu & Oxford Brookes Racing Team
Could You Become A Professional Race Car Engineer?
Last year, we partnered with the UK’s most successful student motorsport team - Oxford Brookes Racing - to offer a once-in-a-lifetime work experience, learning the ins and outs of designing and building a racecar.
This year, the competition is back bigger and better than ever and designed specifically to help someone on their way to becoming a professional racing car engineer.
This time around we’re offering 3 lucky winners the chance to immerse themselves in the world of motorsport - and get paid £200 whilst they’re at it - exploring the science behind designing, prototyping and building a competitive racing car.
You’ll spend the day (April 5th 2023) at Wheatley Campus with Oxford Brookes Racing, receiving hands-on experience of design and manufacturing a racecar, learning about CAD modelling, aerodynamics, composites and the components that make up the cars.
How To Enter
Be sure to like & follow Accu on social media to keep updated on the competition and to find out if you’re one of our 3 lucky winners.
Over the course of the day, the 3 winners will be given an extensive tour of Oxford Brookes Racing Team's facilities, including hands on sessions working with composites and components, as well as a driving simulator experience. The full itinerary can be seen below.
Last Year's #AccuDreamJob Winner
Last year’s #AccuDreamJob winner was Ffion Edgeley, a Masters student in Sports Biomechanics at the University of Loughborough, who entered the competition after being inspired to follow in her dad’s footsteps as an engineer.
Hear about Ffion’s experience by watching her video below:
Spending 2 days with the Oxford Brookes Racing team, as our inaugural competition winner, Ffion learned about the process of creating CAD models, designing the components of a racing car along with hands-on experience working with composites such as carbon fibre.
Since her motorsport dream job experience with Accu and OBR, Ffion has gone on to secure a work experience placement with a professional race team. We hope this leads to a very successful career and look forward to seeing more from Ffion in the near future.
Accu Dream Job Competition Terms & Conditions
- This is not an offer of full-time employment. You will spend 1 day with the Oxford Brookes Racing team & Accu.
- You must be available on Wednesday 5th April 2023 to attend the Dream Job day at Oxford Brookes Racing team’s campus. If you are unavailable, the prize will be forfeited and given to another entrant.
- Entries are only open to UK residents aged 17 or over.
- The winners will be expected to visit the Oxford Brookes Racing campus at Oxford Brookes University, OX33 1HX. Reasonable transport expenses will be paid for.
- You will be accompanied by a representative from Accu Limited and/or the Oxford Brookes racing team throughout the day.
- The 3 winners will be paid £200 each following the end of the Dream Job in April 2023.
- You must always adhere to the Oxford Brookes’ COVID and health and safety guidelines.
- To enter this competition you will need to either post a short video, photo or story on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn of your favourite motorsport memory, tagging @accucomponents and using the hashtag #AccuDreamJob
- By entering this competition, you give Accu Limited permission to use your submitted post, short video, photo, or story on social media platforms and its website.
- The competition opens on 3rd July 2022 and closes 30th October 2022. Any entries made after this date will not be counted.
- The entries will be shortlisted by Accu. The winner will be announced and contacted during the week ending on Friday 4th November 2022.
- You will receive a health and safety induction upon arrival.