M20 Self Tapping Insert - Stainless Steel (A1) Description
The M20 Self Tapping Insert - Stainless Steel (A1) has the following features:
- Not Standardised Manufacturing Standard
- 27mm Length (L)
- Stainless Steel (A1) Material
- Stainless Steel (A1) Material Specification
- Wood, Plastic & Non-Ferrous Metal (Requires Pilot Hole) For Use With
- 24.90mm - 25.40mm Recommended Bore Diameter
- 1.5mm External Pitch
- Natural Finish
- Metric Metric or Imperial?
- 26mm External Diameter (D)
- M20 (20mm) Internal Thread Size (d)
- 2.5mm Internal Pitch
Discover more about the Self Tapping Inserts range.
Self Tapping Inserts, also known as helicoils or threaded bushings, are designed to create a secure anchor within an untapped pilot hole. These engineering components can convert unthreaded holes for use with machine screws, and are particularly useful in housing materials which have a low shear strength, as the large diameter of the insert increases the thread engagement and load-bearing capabilities of a fastening. Self Tapping Inserts have the added benefit of reducing wear within machinery which requires frequent clamping and unclamping.
Self Tapping Insert Material Options
Components in this range are available in A1 Stainless Steel as standard, with Chemical Blackening available.
Self Tapping Insert Sizes
The extensive range includes various sizes from small M3 Self Tapping Inserts through to M20 Self Tapping Inserts for larger applications.